Dr. Muhamad Akhal is Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon at Wellness One Day Surgical Center.
He completed his qualification as MBBS from Damascus University, Syria in the year 1993 and granted specialist status in Orthopedics by the Ministry of Health, Syria in 2001. He is registered as Orthopedic Surgeon in MOH, Syria and DOH, UAE.
Dr. Akhal has over two decades of experience in orthopedics. Case-logging over 10,000 surgeries and procedures in the field of orthopedics, Dr. Akhal is well-versed in surgical and therapeutic interventions for traumatic injuries and fractures in both adults and children. Dr. Akhal worked in Damascus, Syria for eighteen years in government & private hospitals, as well as private practice where his last position held was as Head of Orthopedics at Jaramana Surgical Hospital for seven years until 2015. On moving to the UAE in 2015, he joined Mediclinic Abu Dhabi as Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon and Lead Physician in Mediclinic Al Mamora for seven years.
Professional Services Offered
- Management of traumatic injuries, wounds, fractures, and joint dislocations
- Arthroplasty (total knee and hip replacement)
- PRP and Stem-Cell treatment
- Treatment of diseases and pain management of upper and lower body extremities
- Back and neck pain remedies
- Joint diseases (inflammatory diseases, osteoarthritic diseases)
- Joint arthroscopy
- Sport injury repair
- Injections and aspirations of joints, tendinitis, and cysts
- Bone tumors, masses, and cysts of soft tissues of limbs and back
- Congenital abnormalities of limbs (club foot, flat foot, hip dislocation)
- Surgical lengthening of limbs
- Treatment of infection and abscesses of soft tissues, and osteomyelitis management